Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Something Needs To Be Done

Remember when I was going on about home instruction and all that stuff? Well, after all that hard work my familyand I went through, we still got no help from the department of education, so I am going to enroll in online classes. 

New York currently doesn't approve of free public online high school, so I had to get my parents to pay for me to go to an online private high school. I feel kinda bad that my parents had to go this far for me. But then again, it's clearly not my fault that I wasn't approved for home instruction.  When they contacted my doctor, she told them that if I took the steroids, I should be able to go back to school with no problems. 

Well I just gotta say, "Thanks, doc!"

It's just really unbelievable that my parents spent hundreds of dollars taking me doctor to doctor just to find someone who will give me a note and support my decision to not use steroids, yet in the end, no one could help. Not only that, there was no other option I had for a free high school education.  What the heck?

This is probably the only time I've ever felt, or even thought about dropping out. I mean, could you really blame me? Here I am feeling like crap and looking like crap, and then on top of that, I have to do all of these things to prove that I am too sick to go to school? And even after all that, I still don't get approved?

Talk about unfair.  Aren't there any other options for people like us? I mean, none of us never wanted things to become like this. We never asked to have TSW. Why do we have to feel so helpless?


2 comments:

  1. All I have to say is New York is not the best state to live in! I currently am in Albany right now and the taxes are killing us....all those tax dollars going where? Obviously not to your education needs! Hopefully they can work it out for you or change their minds! Hang in there! It will all work out in the end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy! By the way, I read your blog all the time! :) hope things will get better for the both of us

    ReplyDelete