Thursday, October 3, 2013

More School Problems

I know this is one of the many posts I've made about school, but I felt like this one is really important.  Not just for children and teens, but for everyone reading this, and it bothers me so much.  

So lately, as you know, I've been having a really hard time at school.  On Wednesday, I talked to my guidance counselor with my mom about everything. She was very supportive about what I was doing and said I was very bright.  She told me I could try getting home instruction.  

Basically in home instruction, the city pays teachers to come over to your house to teach. I thought this was a great idea. But it turns out theres a big problem.  

First, I need to find a doctor to fill out the form saying why I can't attend school. I was expecting that, but what I wasn't expecting was that there was more to it. Next, the city would have to review it and decide whether or not I'm eligible or not. 

Which means that there must be a pretty darn good reason why I'm medically excused.  But it's not up to what I say, it's up to the doctor.  The doctor who I get to sign the paper must write something super convincing, and you know what that means. I need to find a REAAAALLY good doctor who supports me. Just finding a doctor who agrees to sign it just won't cut it. They really need to let them know just how severe my case is.  

But how will I find a doctor like that??? This is so complicated because this is just a "choice"  I'm making and all this can be avoided if I just take the steroids. This is how many people see it as and it's very frustrating. 

I'm very annoyed by the fact that something that we're going through is so serious, but there's so little we can do about it. With other conditions and illnesses, people have supporting doctors that can do so much for them, like help them get time off of work. 

But us? What do we have?

I have a doctor's appointment on Friday, and I'll probably try to get in some more next week. We are going to be on a crazy search for a doctor who can help me. Until everything is complete, I have to continue trying my best to attend school. I need all the luck I can get right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment