Monday, August 19, 2013

Week ... 7?

So last week I had said I was on week 5, but it turns out I was on week 6 because I didn't realize July had 5 weeks. Kinda made me happy that I am slightly farther into tsw than I thought :D

So my skin this week.... To sum it up in one word, it would be a rollercoaster! I never knew I could have so many ups and downs in just one week! Monday through Thursday, I was mostly oozing. Friday, things started to dry up, and by Saturday, I was a flaky mess!!!

My mood was horrible for most of the week, but Saturday, I actually had a lot of fun. I went to a Japanese festival in New Jersey! (I am half japanese) Friday night, my mom was worried about me going because I looked so sick and miserable, but I told her that I really wanted to go. I usually go there every year, and I didn't want to miss out this year either just because of my skin. I wanted to have fun. I didn't want to spend the rest of my summer vacation in my bed like a sick person.

When Saturday arrived, I was surprised that i felt so much better. I felt so lucky! I had such a great time, despite flakes falling off me everywhere I walked. Of course things would've been even more fun if I didn't have to worry about my skin so much. My legs ached a bit, so I still couldn't really walk too much.  My mom noticed they looked really swollen. I think I have edema? It's been like this for the past 3-4 days. 

Sunday, my skin started oozing again. Like, a lot. I had a towel next to me the whole day. And that night, the oozing was terrible. Every part of my body was wet and it was so hard to sleep. I also felt like my body heating up, but whenever I took off the covers, I would get cold. 

Anyway, here are some pictures I took this week. 

Right here I was waiting for the train...

This is my skin after I get out of the shower.  It's really red at first, but as the day goes by, the color goes down a bit. When I'm lucky, it's not too noticeable. 

Here's me and my mom :D

And that's how my week went, guys :D I may be going through a hard time, but I hope I can still spend my days happy and less stressed just like I did on Saturday. VIRTUAL HIGH FIVE FOR POSITIVE THINKING!! <3





2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I live in in New Jersey and am looking for others who are suffering from TSW in the area as I suspect what I am experiencing is TSW but have yet to find a doctor who is aware of it and can work with me on it. Do you know of any doctors in the NJ/NY metro area? All the best! -Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica, sorry for the late reply!
      Unfortunately, I do not know of any good doctors, but maybe you'll have luck with a holistic doctor.
      I hope things work out for you <3

      Delete